Adrift in the modern world....

The bold enterprize of one woman trying to brighten her day by turning the clock back to the Golden Age of style...when hats, handbags and gloves were de rigueur each and every day.



loves Fridays

Friday, February 04, 2011

So far 2011 has not been a good year, two elderly ladies (both in their 90s but somewhere round about 25 in their spirits) have died followed in quick succession by a family member and then a good friend who was far to young to die so suddenly. I only hope that this is it for the rest of the year...as I'm typing this Led Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven is playing on the radio, I hope that all those who have passed are safely in their own Heaven. You will all be missed...

And on a slightly brighter note:

Yesterday we had the first read through of Othello; it sounded really good although I was a bit surprised at Iago's London accent, until I realised that all the 'plebs' and 'baddies' had Sarf London accents and all the 'toffs' were straight RSC RP!!!! Once I got used to it, it worked brilliantly, really throwing up the difference in class and station between the characters. The chap who is playing Iago is just one of the most brilliant actors I have ever had the pleasure of sharing a stage with. When we did Robert Bolt's Vivat Vivat Regina he was a brilliantly sinister Lord Morton. And his Bill Sykes is THE definative version (apart from Oliver Reed) and I don't care what anyone else says.

There's not much else to report, I haven't been out shopping or bargain hunting and I have promise myself that I am not going to go anywhere near a shop until I have finished clearing the wardrobes!!! SO there!!!!


Some random uplifting pictures to cheer myself up






I adore Black and White photography, they are so atmospheric and interesting. Who said black was boring?
Polly




0 comments: