Adrift in the modern world....

The bold enterprize of one woman trying to brighten her day by turning the clock back to the Golden Age of style...when hats, handbags and gloves were de rigueur each and every day.



was optimistic!

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

After thinking that we might get a wonderful Indian Summer...I have been sadly mistaken and the weather is now back to the usual summer weather: cold, wet and windy.

So all my summer clothes that I didn't put away last week can now continue on their merry way into the suitcases until next summer.

Plus all the local schools have been advised to move all their important work to the next few weeks as severe weather (ie three flakes of snow) are expected in November and December. Oh Joy unbounded.

I like the snow, don't get me wrong, as long as I don't have to try to get anywhere in it. I like sitting by the fire, with a good book or film and a large glass of red wine. Now that is a perfectly acceptable winter activity!

Polly
XX

0 comments: