Adrift in the modern world....

The bold enterprize of one woman trying to brighten her day by turning the clock back to the Golden Age of style...when hats, handbags and gloves were de rigueur each and every day.



there's pale and then there's corpse-like!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I might have mentioned it before but I am a red-head with pale skin. No let me revise that...I have skin the colour of a dead fish's belly...

Usually at this time of year, a small smattering of freckles will have given me a semblance of colour, even though it's just a hint of a tint, so to speak. But with the weather we have had this year (ie biblical amounts of rain here in the West of these great isles) I have no colour at ALL.

I was pootling about in the kitchen on Sunday afternoon, when a rare ray of something bright emerged from the sky (I was later informed it was the sun... but I'm still not totally convinced) anyhooo...this bright light threw my palid complextion into releif. I am now SO pale you can actually trace the veins not just in my arms but also my legs....it's most dispitiriting. I could be used as a body double in Silent Witness and they would cut the make up budget in HALF.... I am now offically the palest I think I have ever been. Now I know that us vintage types try to avoid the sun (I even own my own little parasol) but there's pale and interesting and pale and corpse-like. I now fall into the latter category...

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride might just as well be my muse for Autumn...

BTW has anyone seen the new Wallis Simpson/Edward VIII film? It's not showing at my local flea-pit and I was wondering if it was worth the long haul to the nearest place that is showing it?

Also (fanfare please) I am most chuffed to announce that the film I was involved with earlier this year (I was the producer amongst other things....read location scout/wardrobe/continuity/actor etc) now has been released and is on IMDB.com!!!!!!!!

So many apologies for the tardiness of my posts lately but real life has once again rained on my parade. But I am back with lots of news which I will impart in my few next witterings.

PS I am ashamed to admit that I have purchased 6 pairs of new shoes over the past three weeks!

TTFN

Polly xxxxxxx

0 comments: