Adrift in the modern world....

The bold enterprize of one woman trying to brighten her day by turning the clock back to the Golden Age of style...when hats, handbags and gloves were de rigueur each and every day.



has her NTLIve tickets

Friday, April 13, 2012

I am so thrilled that I managed to track down a cinema in the near vicinty that is actually showing the NTLive 'Encore' screening of Frankenstein by Danny Boyle. I've currently got a ticket for the screening with Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock) as the Creature and Jonny Lee Miller as Victor Frankenstien. I can't decide whether or not should get a ticket for two days later when they show the opposite pairing, as both actors alternated roles each night. I've read fantastic reviews for both actors in both roles...so I think I might just have to get the other ticket!!!!

I have been invited to a wedding in Cambridge at the end of May and I may finally get to wear a vintage inspired halterneck dress that I bought over a year ago but any dressy occasion that I could have worn it has been sabotaged by the blasted weather....so here's hoping.

Due to the weather, I've not been doing a lot and therefore haven't had a great deal to post about, but I have been reading vast quantities of books, both fact and fiction. A number of books have leapt out of the norm by being both well written and 'different'. The lastest one has been:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Gallows-Curse-ebook/dp/B004PYDBHQ/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334322263&sr=8-1-spell

This is her third book, I didn't get into the second one but her first: A Company of Liars was amazing.

I've also been re-reading Alison Weir's phenomenal historical books and here are a few of the ones that I think are well worth a look:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alison-Weir/e/B000AQ41I6/ref=sr_tc_ep?qid=1334322444

I adore her books on Eleanor of Aquitaine; Isabelle, the She-Wolf of France and all her Tudor related ones.

If you get a chance...have a look.

TTFN

Polly

xxx

0 comments: